Summary of Topics b1838_3_20051111_sum.html
Bulletin Dated: November 11, 2005
SUMMARY OF TOPICS
The following changes in requirements are being proposed:
1. Revision for power unit secondary connections to require that field-connected terminal blocks be suitable for field wiring use and to address temperature limits.
2. Revision of installation instruction statements about distance from pools, spas, and fountains including (a) editorial correction to metric value, (b) installation distance statements addressing both circuits protected by GFCI and circuits not protected by GFCI and be specific to supply connection method, and (c) power unit installation distance statement specifying fountain as well as pool and spa.
3. Revision to the marking form type for the shipping container marking.
4. Addition of voltage limits for DC and non-sinusoidal AC output circuits for low voltage lighting systems.
5. Correction of text in 50.18 to reflect the wording originally proposed in the UL bulletin dated October 15, 2001 and accepted by STP 1838.
6. New requirements for luminaires for ponds and small decorative fountains.
7. Revisions to add and clarify definitions and terminology used in this standard.
8. Revisions to address applicability of PART 1 requirements to Class 2 circuit components.
9. Clarification that the protective device limiting the output to 25A is not required to be an overcurrent device; and how it is established that the output is so limited.
10. Reorganizing power supply cord length requirements.
11. Revisions to require a flood lamp in luminaire heat tests.
12. Revision to clarify the luminaire supply voltage for the Abnormal Operation Tests.
13. Revision to clarify which luminaires are not required to be subjected to the Severe Conditions Test.
14. Reorganize Section 22, Separation of Circuits.
15. Reorganize and Rename Section 24, Power Supply Connections.
16. Miscellaneous Corrections and Clarifications.