Summary of Topics s121201_9_sum.html
Summary of Topics
This revision to ANSI/UL 121201 dated April 1, 2021 is being issued to include the following changes in requirements:
– Revisions to opening of sealed devices; 3.11, 3.34, 13.1.8
– Revisions to Consideration of Normal operating conditions; 3.30, 4.1.1
– Revisions to the application of general industrial / ordinary locations requirements; 4.2.1, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 5.6.0, Annex B
– Revisions to Li ion batteries used in Division 2 portable equipment; 5.2.2, Annex A
– Revisions to the sealed device requirements; 13.1.5
– Revisions to the Drop test for portable equipment; 16.2.1
– Revisions to correct reference in Clauses 5.1.2 and 5.3.1.
As noted in the Commitment for Amendments statement located on the back side of the title page, UL and CSA are committed to updating this harmonized standard jointly. CSA and UL will issue revisions to this standard bearing their date of issue.