Summary of Topics s8800_1_sum.html
Summary of Topics
This revision of ANSI/CAN/UL 8800 dated March 13, 2023 includes the following changes in requirements:
– Addition of Indoor Wet Environmental Rating for Luminaires; 9.5.2, 13.1.1, 20.1, Table SA2.1, SA3.1, Table SA4.2 and SA4.7.1.
– Added Requirements for Horticultural Systems with Integrated Refrigeration Features; 4.2 and 21.6.
– Revisions to Update Photobiological Safety Markings; 19.4.2, 19.4.2A, 19.4.2B, Figure 19.2 and Figure 19.3.
– Added Requirements for Horticultural Luminaires Supplied from a Remote Located Low Voltage Power Unit or a Remote Located Class 2 Power Unit; 4.2, Supplement SB.
– Revisions to Electrical Construction Requirements to Allow Attachment Plugs, Mating Receptacles, and Connectors to Comply with UL 2238 or CSA C22.2 No. 182.3 as an Alternative; 4.2 and 9.6.2.